OMEX CalMax Range – For perfect quality fruit and vegetables
- Protects against a wide range of disorders related to calcium deficiency
- Improves firmness in all fruit and vegetables giving increased shelf life
- Enhances resistance to crop diseases
- Optimises yield and quality
Look at these results from our latest trial, all CalMax products significantly improved yield, produced bigger fruits, with firmer skin and much improved storability- even after 14 weeks!
The importance of calcium in fruit and vegetables
- Calcium is one of the main constitutes of cell walls in plants. When it is in short supply, the structure of the cells weaken, resulting in various disorders.
- Calcium is instrumental in protecting the plant from toxins and slows down the ageing process.
- Deficiency symptoms can occur even when there are adequate levels present in the soil.
- Calcium is not very mobile in the plant and during periods of rapid growth or stress, the supply of this element to low transpiring organs like fruit or young leaves can be impacted.
- Stress periods are often attributable to hot, dry weather, drying winds or high humidity.
- Excessive use of nitrogen or potassium fertilisers can inhibit calcium uptake from the soil.
- There is evidence to show that calcium plays a major role in protecting plants against fungal attack by helping to provide a physical barrier.
- Calcium is essential for cell division and development of the active root and shoot tips. Calcium plays a central role in plant structure both above and below ground
Click here to read the CalMax Brochure: